Vi ønsker alle venner og samarbeidspartnere ei riktig god jul!
We wish all friends and affiliates a Merry Christmas!
There are many highlights from 2011. Great concerts all around Norway and abroad. Difficult to pick, but we would like to mention some moments just not to forget
- “Jaktstart med felebyte” – Sigrid Moldestad and Linda Eide´s successful cabaret during the World Ski Championships in Norway. 6 sold out houses.
- Tindra and Kroke touring Norway ending at Vossajazz – a fantastic morning gig.
- Many approaches towards international audiences this year; Sigrid twice in Scotland at Celtic Connections and in Edinburgh. Majorstuen toured Ireland in May and played the great Womad festival in England. Gjermund Larsen Trio played gigs in London and Stockholm, Tindra toured with Rikskonsertene at Sri Lanka. And: Sigrid at the fantastic Tønder Festival in Denmark!
- Gjermund Larsen trio had a great year, playing both jazz- folk- and classical festivals and clubs this year.
- Great CD-releases from Tindra (2), Viken/Brimi, Dei Beste Damene (2010), Skaidi and Solfrid Molland. Dei Beste Damene was awarded with the Folk Music Award at Folkelarm 2011. Skaidi is nominated for Spellemann (Norwegian Grammy)
- And not to forget all the great gigs around Norway. Viken/Brimi, Tindra and Solfrid Molland all toured when releasing their albums. We welcome Spindel back again both as duo and band. Sigrid Moldestad playes everywhere and for all kinds, she was this months artist at Riksscenen in March. Both Jorun Marie Kvernberg and Synnøve Bjørset did soloperformances. Jorun Marie´s gig at the Cheltenham Music Festival was mentioned as the festival highlight from the festival director.
- Majorstuen finished 2011 with two Norwegian Tours – one recording for a live-album and one Christmas tour with “Juledrøm” – top-finger-precision…
Thanks to all Musicians, Presenters and Audiences for all the great moments – both at Festivals, Clubs and Concerthalls!
And a happening that won´t be forgot of different reasens:
Tindra and Gullgutane in Suldal: good gig, fantastic party, great busride – and a broken finger…